The Toronto Blue Jays are at the top of the standings for the 2015 season, a streak that doesn’t look to end any time soon. We’re celebrating their victory and setting you up for your own with the top 5 ways baseball is like a small business website.
- It’s accessible. Former Royals star Willie Wilson thinks everyone loves baseball because “…Anybody can play. I think people can relate.” Small business websites encourage people to relate to you. You’re a person with a dream and you’re making it happen.
- It’s a team sport. A small business website works when everyone works together. It doesn’t matter where you’re from or what you look like, as long as you’re on the same team. Like Royals outfielder David DeJesus says of baseball: “You can’t rely on one guy to win the game. You build relationships, you make good friends out here.”
- It’s a passion. Indians manager Eric Wedge thinks baseball is so universally loved by players and fans because “It’s just something you feel passionate about. If you really feel that strong about something and you feel something that special, it’s really hard to put it into words.” When you’re passionate about your small business, it shows on your website, and that draws people to you.
- You can show people what you’re made of. Blue Jays right fielder Jose Bautista said of his career “I guess I can see why people thought I came out of nowhere, but I didn’t. I got the chance. I always believed.” Baseball afforded Bautista the opportunity to show the world what he always knew about himself. With a small business website, you know you’ve got what it takes to make it. You just need the chance to show people.
- Consistency brings results. Baseball legend Tom Seaver said “In baseball, my theory is to strive for consistency, not to worry about the numbers. If you dwell on statistics you get shortsighted, if you aim for consistency, the numbers will be there at the end.” A small business website that is consistent and focuses on bringing consumers quality time and again will come out ahead of a business that’s aimed at providing one-time, sub-par products and services.
We love baseball almost as much as we love helping small businesses connect with their customers. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us
Written by Carl Messenger-Lehmann
Carl is a big picture guy. He writes and provides an opinion on all things in the area of digital strategy and branding. These articles provide insight for his clients as they look to build their knowledge base. Carl recently purchased an all-electric vehicle that he would love to tell you about, all you have to do is ask.
Latest posts by Carl Messenger-Lehmann (see all)
- Accelerated Mobile Pages, Explained - November 1, 2017
- What is Digital Marketing? - September 21, 2017
- Thinking about the Future of Your Business? Reinvigorate Your Digital Marketing! - August 24, 2017